Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Review

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus definitely brings up the question "Which phone is the best?". Right away the phone provides a different feel than any other android phone available; rocking the newest version of android, Ice Cream Sandwich which has been absolutely amazing, I'm glad to see the newest software lives up to the hype.


Screen 
The screen is a monster at 4.7 inches, you can see everything and do everything without feeling that you don't have enough room to operate. You will definitely be able to tell you have it in your pocket though, it feels a little uncomfortable at first but you get used to it after awhile. The actual quality of display is amazing as well, even though the screen itself is quite large the quality sets the standard for future smartphones of that size. 

Battery Life
Nothing special here, the battery will last you through the day if your not using it heavily. During my experience with it I've managed to get 8 hours out of it with heavy usage. They do offer the extended battery which would be well worth the buy.

Connectivity
Reception has been great with the phone, also I have 4G LTE available in my market so I'm able to benefit from the lightning fast internet speeds. I've averaged 15mbs download and 8-10mbs upload. 

Software
The new android software Ice Cream Sandwich has been wonderful, everything reacts perfectly. I haven't noticed any kind of lag with it either. Tons of new features that make this android phone fresh and unique. The software borrows from Honeycomb but is designed to make much more sense with a smartphone. 

Overall
All in all the Galaxy Nexus has been a great phone, I would recommend it over any phone available on the market now. With the great new software, large screen, and 4G LTE connectivity it proves to be a keeper. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'll give it an 8, would give it a full 10 but the battery life is less than desirable.